- Air Weapons and the Law
- Legislation with regard to target Bird species. General Licences
- Safe use and handling of air weapons
- Types and calibre of air weapons, including strengths and weaknesses
- General maintenance procedures
- Air rifle ballistics
- Shooting technique ie. Stance, trigger control, moment of shot, follow through etc
- Organising a Bird shoot and risk assessment
The course is aimed at pest control professionals who are required
to use air weapons for bird control during the course of their work, mainly, but not
exclusively, in and around buildings.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone using or who is likely to use air weapons on clients’ premises.
AWARD: Killgerm® Certificate
CPD POINTS: 13
BASIS POINTS: 12
COURSE DURATION: 1 Day
Course charges at £180 + VAT Inc lunch
Please click “Reserve” button to reserve your place on this course.
Alternatively please contact Lisa Wales at Killgerm, on 01924 268445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Anyone sentenced to a term of imprisonment of between three months and three years (including suspended sentences) is prohibited from possessing an air weapon or other firearm or ammunition for five years. Anyone who has been sentenced to three years or more is prohibited for life. If the above applies, you can attend the course as an observer but will not be able to handle air weapons or pellets.